Here at Saughall All Saints we have been looking at things that make us feel unsafe online and how we should conduct ourselves when in any online environment. To be safe means to be comfy and not scared.
This can be standing up to bullies without being mean, listening to our bodies as they are clever at spotting danger and thinking about things we can do to make the areas where we live safer.
What can we do to stay safe online?
Here's a quick summary of our top tips:
- Keep your personal information safe.
- Protect your password.
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are!
- Never agree to meet up with anyone you have met online.
- Never open emails from people that you don’t know.
- Check your privacy settings to make sure only the people you want see your information and photographs.
- If you use social networking sites, remember that it’s not a game to add as many people as you can to look more popular.
- Think carefully before uploading photos.
- Always ask permission to use the internet and ask an adult which websites you can visit.
- If you see anything on the internet that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell an adult that you trust.