Sporting opportunities in the summer term 2016
Saughall All Saints – Sport for ALL!
Saughall All Saints has been awarded the GOLD Kitemark for outstanding PE across all areas of competition (Level 1,2 and 3 of the School Games Pathway), inclusion, Leadership for young people,our PE curriculum and links with external clubs.
We also received ‘The Healthy Living Award’ at the first Cheshire Schools Awards in July 2015. We were very proud of this award as recognition for encouraging all of our children to lead healthy and active lives both now and in the future.
Summer Term 2016.
An Enriched Sporting Curriculum of opportunities for all.
School Sports – Inter school competitions – Chester School Sports Partnership:
Year 5&6 Quad Kids Athletics Competition
Year 5&6 Kwik Cricket Mixed 'A' Competition
Year 5&6 Kwik Cricket Mixed 'B' Competition
Year 5&6 Kwik Cricket 'Girls' Competition
Year 3&4 Mini Red Tennis Competition
Year 5&6 Orienteering Competition
School Sports – Inter school competitions – Chester School Sports Association:
4:00 pm - 7pm Year 3-6 Outdoor Athletics Competition
Stanney Athletics Track, Ellesmere, Port, Cheshire
1:00 pm - 3pm Year 5/6 Swimming Gala
Christleton Swimming Pool, Christleton, Cheshire
School Sports – Intra Competitions:
- Cross country – Y3/4 – weekly (weather dependent)
- Cross country – Y5/6 – weekly (weather dependent)
- Sports Day - 20th June – KS1 9.30am-11.30am
KS2 1.15pm – 3.15pm
- Scatterball - KS2 competition (organised and run by our Young Ambassador Peer Leaders and Sports Ambassadors in Y6)
- Multi Skills – KS1 inter house competition (organised and run by our Young Ambassador Peer Leaders and Sports Ambassadors in Y6)
After school clubs:
- Y5/6 rounders club
- Y4,5,6 Girls Cricket club
- Year 4,5,6 Boys cricket club
- Y1-6 Football – external football coaches (30 children)
- Y3-6 Cheerleading/dance (Change4life club)
- Reception - Activities Club
Lunchtime Sporting Opportunities:
- Parachute games
- Year 5/6 playground leaders on the Infant playground – organising and leading activities for our younger children.
- Outdoor exercise machines
- Running around the bark track
- Football (mini games – ks1 astroturf)
Links with local sports clubs:
- Chester netball
- Boughton Belles netball
- Saughall Colts
- Cheshire Phoenix Basketball club
- House Of Dance
- Newton Football Club
- West Cheshire Athletics
- Chester Rugby Club
- West Cheshire Athletics
- Chester City Swimming Club
Teacher’s CPD and enhanced coaching for specialist areas of the PE curriculum are through using our sports funding to pay for external coaches to deliver excellent PE lessons. We have the following coaches in school throughout the summer term working with children throughout the school.
Sports Coach – one afternoon a week delivering cricket/rounders/athletics with different classes in KS2.
Dance Specialist – one afternoon a week working with different classes in KS1, reception and Y5 and Y6.
We are also a very active member of CSSP (Chester Schools Sports Partnership) which allows us to participate in the inter school competition pathway across the county.
Gemma Cook is the secretary of the CSSA (Chester School Sports Association) who have organised all of the inter schools football competitions and tournaments this year as well as waterpolo and cross country events in the spring term 2016 and the summer athletics and swimming gala in the summer term.